There are a lot of great Epiphone bass guitars, and hopefully this review will show you why we think this is one of the best.
A very good looking bass for sure; black on black is the classic rock look, and they simply sound just as good as they look. Perfect for rock, punk, metal…
Epiphone Lp Special Bass Guitar and amp
Epiphone Thunderbird IV Electric Bass Guitar, Vintage Sunburst
The Thunderbird bass is a staple of rock and heavy metal bands everywhere. Gibson Thunderbirds cost an arm and a leg (well, Gibson’s always do…) but Epiphone Tbirds are very very affordable, and they just happen to sound great! Really great!
A fine looking bass, no mistake, and one that simply screams rock
- Four string electric bass guitar in vintage sunburst with classic shape and a classic sound
- Alder body with bolt-on maple neck
- Rosewood fretboard with dot inlays; 34-inch scale
- Dual TB Plus Humbucker pickups
- Black hardware, volume and tone controls
Featuring both a classic shape and a classic sound, the 4-string Epiphone Thunderbird IV bass guitar in vintage sunburst finish has a reverse body styling, carved top and the Thunderbird insignia on the pickguard. The alder wood body and generous bolted maple neck work together to deliver warm bass tone with plenty of attack from the dual TB Plus Humbucker pickups. Other features include a 34-inch scale, rosewood fingerboard with dotted inlay, 1.73-inch nut width, volume and tone controls, and black hardware.
List Price: $ 499.00
For this months GuitarFact bass guitar review we’re going to have a closer look at this Ibanez bass
Quite a good looking Ibanez bass for sure; black on black underlying it’s rock credentials, but how does it play?
- PHAT II active bass boost offers additional
- low-end power on all GSR200 models
- GSR offers famous Soundgear pro comfort and playability at “entry level” prices
- The GSR series includes the most affordable 5- and 6-string basses of any major brand
- Phat II active bass boost adds additional low-end power to the affordable GSR200 models.
- GSR200’s powerful Powersound pickups deliver full tones and strong low-end.
GSRs offer famous Soundgear sleekness, comfort, tone, and playability. GSR Mikro basses are perfect for anyone who needs a compact axe or the comfort of a smaller neck.
Great for rock, superb for metal, this Ibanez has to be played to be believed!
List Price: $ 285.70
Price: $ 199.99
Some designs just don’t go out of fashion. Its been 46 years since Gibson redesigned the Les Paul, giving it those batwing cutaways and characteristic translucent cherry finish – and they haven’t looked back. Be it guitar or bass, the SG has attitude, and plenty of it.
Although the shape has seen continual use on guitars, Gibson didn’t produce a bass version for over 20 years. That was until 2005 when they launched the SG reissue bass.
But it hasn’t stopped there – as well as Cherry, White, Ebony, Canary Yellow, Coral Pink, Coral Blue, Silverburst, and faded finishes, there is the maple flamed-top SG Supreme, and a Supreme Fireburst.
Its not just looks that make a guitar; the SG reissue bass is proving a big hit for its sounds and playability too.